Help: Adding web service reference in a K2 Blackpearl 4.7 Workflow Project

• 20 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I'm currently developing K2 processes using K2 (4.7) for Visual Studio with VS2015 on Windows 8.1.
But I can't seem to be able to add a web service reference...
I click the "Process References" button, click "Add", and the I go to the "Web" tab, insert the web service URL , and click discover.
I promptly get a "Web service discovered successfully. Press 'select' to add as a reference" response. But when I click "Select" nothing happens...

15920i845D447C01BFF20F.jpg

I already uninstalled/installed again K2 4.7 client tools and VS2015 without a change of behavior...

Any ideas to what it might be or what can I do to debug this behavior?

PS: If I use K2 Studio, the behavior is the same...unfortunately...

Thanks all.

5 replies

This is the error I get if I try to add the reference as a service:

Hi all,

If no one can help me in my problem, can someone at least help me find another way to integrate a web service into my process using VS2015 ...maybe using smart objects...

The K2 4.7 version I'm using is  4.16060.2000.3

Thanks in advance

Badge +10

Hi

Not sure about the issue of not being able to add a reference with K2 4.7 in Visual Studio.  However, its probably not the best way to try and integrate with web services anyways.  Exposing the web service through SmartObjects if much more flexible.

Take a look at the End Points Web Service Service Object.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/UserGuide/4.7/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/EndPoints/EndPoints_WEB.htm

As well here is another video which is a demonstration of how to use it and will probably make much more sense than your first read through the documentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rdn2wo0PhI

Regards,

Tim

Badge +9

Hi, 

What is your current .NET Framework?
I have seen this before where the error is thrown when on .NET 4.5 and adding a service reference.

Try rolling back to .NET 4.0 or use "EndPoint WCF"

Regards

Thank you Timkn and Kallie for your replies.

After desperation and hours of installing and uninstalling K2 4.7 client tools, VS2015, .NET Framework 3.5, 4, 4.5, 4.6.1, etc... I was able to solve the problem.

Opened the solution in K2 Studio, went to File tab, and Options and there I changed the target Framework to .NETFramework 4.0.

Then added the web reference and IT WORKED!!!  Changed the target Framework to .NETFramework 3.5 and stopped working again.

So now I know... and its working...target Framework to .NETFramework 4.0

In VS2015 I could not find the option to change a K2 process target Framework.

Anyway, many thanks for your help guys. Also I'm going to take a look to the links you posted Timkn!!!