Skip to main content

Hi all,

Which is the correct FILTER format on a List View for checking if todays date in within the range of a Start Date and End Date

In the Filter is it:

Start Date Greater than or equal >= System Values - Current Date

AND

End Date Less than or equal <= System Values - Current Date

Would this work properly or do i need brackets etc?

Basically i only want to show data for any rows within the Range of todays date.

When the list then displays, I want to somehow capture the different entries in one column (entry can be for example Apple or Pears)

Can i then store the Apple or Pears in an array and set a rule to say if a value matches one in the Array, deny access.

Any ideas?

I think your filter looks fine - I'm not sure I completely understand the next part about capturing different entities in one column, can you explain more about what you are trying to accomplish with that?

Hi,

So after applying that filter, it will return results as follows:

SchemeID  

I also have a seperate Smartboject with Users in it and SchemeID as follows:

UserID          SchemeID

User1            1

User1            2

User2            1

User3            4

Yes User1 can have multiple entries.

So want to use the SchemeID returned from the original filter (in this example 1,2) to then populate another list with all Users that match the SchemeID(s) in this second table with the original filter results

End result should be a List view with the following users in

UserID          SchemeID

User1            1

User1            2

User2            1

Does that make sense?

Ok, I think I understand - so you have two seperate lists on the same form almost in a parent-child relationship? So when your parent list has a row clicked, you'd want to populate the second list with all the users that have the schema Id of the row that was just clicked. Is that sounding right?

Hi tbyrne,
Yes and No.
Yes the two lists are seperate. The parent list (with the Schemes) is hidden (so the user cannot click it) and simply returns any Scheme IDs which fall within a certain date range.

I then want to somehow use the Scheme IDs from the parent list to bring back the results from Child list for the logged in user and matching Scheme IDs

So for example, current schemes are 1 and 2. The Parent (hidden) list will bring back two rows with SchemeID 1 and SchemeID 2

Then somehow do a rule that grabs each Scheme ID and looks for a match in the Child table and logged in user.

Then repeat this again for the second row SchemeID 2

Does that make sense?

Where is this data coming from? I don't think the K2 form is the right place to try and drive the child list, since it doesn't seem to be related to any user interaction on the parent list. If the parent list is comeing from a SQL Stored Procedure, then the Child list should utilize that same stored procedure to know what Parent's it is dealing with and only return relevant data.

That approach may not be possible depending on how you are retrieving this data, please let me know and maybe I can think of a more appropriate plan for your scenario.

thanks tbyrne, i'll look into using SP to do the query for me.

Thanks