Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I'm still quite new to Blackpearl - I've created workflows, deployed them, installed Blackpearl on servers, upgraded Blackpearl on some servers, all the basics.  Now I'm faced with something that is a bit mind boggling.  We are on a domain, use LDAP and users are authenticated using windows auth - this is the stuff I do not know much about.  One of our workflows now need to be exposed to an external company, they should be able to receive client event notification emails and should also be able to action those items.  The workflow will notify them that they have an item to action, the link would direct them to a page hosted internally (by us), they'd enter a few details, submit and that will then call the K2 API to continue to the next event 

How on earth do I go about getting that set up, if it's even possible?  Would I just have to add their domain and LDAP details? Are there any other config file changes involved?  I apologise for my lack of knowledge regarding this but I have to start somewhere.  I don't want to approach the external company requesting incorrect details.

Has anyone done something like this before and would anyone please, please, please provide me with just a little more info on how to go about doing this?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you!

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Take a look at the K2 SQL User Manager.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/ICG/4.7/default.htm#Configure/UM_SQLUM.htm%3FTocPath%3DConfigure%7CUser%2520Managers%7CSQLUM%7C_____0

Hi Mohamed,

I had a quick look at it and it looks like something that will defintely solve my problem.

Thank you so, so much for your response; you have no idea how much your help is appreciated. 

I thank you again!!!

Shaun.

Shaun, you may also be able to use your LDAP directory directly if that's appropriate
https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/4.7/default.htm#plan/authentication/auth_ldap.htm