Execute SmartObject not executing DELETE FROM statement

• 31 August 2017
  • 1 reply

I have form that loads some excel data into my MS SQL database, and when the data is loaded, it triggers my workflow to use the 'execute' SmartObject from the MS SQL stored procedure. The stored procedure has a merge statement that does something, followed by a delete and finally an update (in that order).

The issue:

When the workflow executes, the merge and update statements  run perfectly fine, but delete statement does nothing. My guess is it is not being executed. The delete statement is a simple:

DELETE FROM dbo.table

So I tried using

TRUNCATE TABLE dbo.table

thinking is was an issue with the DELETE statement. Nope, still does not change anything. I execute the stored procedure in MS SQL Server and it runs just fine. Anyone know what the issue is?

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi 

I am not too sure which event wizard you are using to execute those statements however i would assume you are using a Default Server event (Code), please see below link for more info on event wizards and their usage:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/UserGuide/4.7/default.htm#Thick_Client_Wizards/Event_Wizards-General/DefaultServer/Default_Server_Event.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CK2%2520Studio%7CWorkflow%7CEvent%2520Wizards%7CGeneral%7C_____6

As you have mentioned that the update and merge statements do work, the reason the DELETE and TRUCATE staments are not working might be that there is a deadlock on table or the records have a foreign key which does not allow those statements to execute.

Please provide more info on your query as well as a copy of your process if possible so that i can try and look at the workflow process set-up