Skip to main content

I found out that for any User activity, events that occurs before the “Default Client Event” itself, the event is executed multiple times.

For example in a User activity “MyActivity”, we have a MailEvent that occurred before the “Default Client Event”  My Activity.

MailEvent is executed multiple times.

This issue doesn't occur in a Server activity.

Do you know why ? And, is there a way so that these events only get executed once ?

Thank you.

You may need to provide more information about exactly what you want to accomplish to get the best advice as I can see a number of different recommendations that would differ based on the scenario.

With that said multiple events would typically occur when the activity has the default Destination Rule Advanced Rule changed from "Plan just once" to Plan per destination/All at once.  Note that there are some good reasons for changing the default behaviour to  Plan per destination/All at once.  Typically it gives you access to the context information in the Workflow Context Browser about the user that you typically wouldn't get in an activity with the "Plan just once".

Personally in most situations I wouldn't add a mail event before the client event but instead use the default client event wizard to send the task notification which is what the default client event wizard is designed for.

Regards,

Tim