Skip to main content

I’m trying to figure out whether an Editable List will do what I need and if not what is a better way.

It seems like the “Add/Edit” portion of an editable list view is a fixed format. Is that true or is there a way to customize the layout of the bottom half of the screen.

There is a sql server job that populates a table with potentially duplicate patients based on several criteria.

When it finds a pair of patients for someone to review it creates a record with patient 1 info and patient 2 info.

I’d like to show a list on top and on the bottom half display the patient 1 and patient 2 data in a layout that easy for someone to review and click a checkbox that indicates whether the records should be considered for merging and when save is clicked the checkbox value is written back to the database.

Will the editable list allow this functionality? If not, do you have a suggestion for a technique which might work or can you point me to a Tutorial Video or someplace I can get some help.

Here is my goal for a Duplicate Patient review screen:

12015i815D15DC421BA195.jpgThanks, Rick

I don't think you can change the layout of the Add/Edit row. And even if you can change it in Designer, it will be pretty useless. Have you tried playing with Editable List View? When you double-click on a row, the row goes into the edit mode, which basically switches all the data label controls in the cells into text box, or whichever control you configured in the Add/Edit row for user input.

The Add/Edit row is only visible when you edit the view in the Designer. In Runtime, they are not visible. Even when you edit the row, the row you intend to edit will just replaces all the data label with some sort of input control for you to make the changes. Once you exit the edit mode, the input controls will disappear, leaving behind only the data label showing the values.