Skip to main content

We have an Intructor SQL table which we can use to return a Student ID, for students in the class.  We join the instructors with the class to return Student ID.  We need to list the Student ID and Student Names, (Name is on a separate table). 

How can we create a list view with Student ID's and Student Names for selection?

Any examples of how to get to this solution would be most helpful.

In these types of cases I typically create a SQL view or a stored procedure to get the results from different tables.  Performance is much better than composite SmartObjects and often its easier.

Regards,

Tim

Thanks Tim!

I will do some research on stored procedures and SQL Views.

This probably should be simple, but just have been digging to find a working solution. 

If you have a simple solution you could share that would be great!

Bill

Hopefully you can just ask your local SQL guy.  It will probably only take a few minutes for him to create the view or stored procedure.   After its created you have to refresh the database K2 service instance in the K2 Workspace or SmartObject Test Tool to see the new view or SP.  Then you can build the SmartObject from it so you can use it in your smartforms.

The process of creating the SQL View depends on your tables and the relationships but this video should give you the general steps you can apply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN4FEUWuv8Y

Hello,

There are many way , 

1. you can write a view and create a Smart object for view and call in the list view.

2. you can create a association of smo so pass the association input for other smo and get the fields and display in k2 list view,

3. eas way create a view for your smo and change the data type for control as "Display" control in list view and then bind the source smart object and get the view displayed.

Please do let me know if you have still query. hope this will help you ..