Skip to main content

Hi

We are using Managed Metadata Navigation on our on prem SP2013 farm and need to access the URL behind the selected item.

We are developing a form which allows users to request changes to their sites. Users select their sites using a picker control which uses the approriate Term Store and Term Set IDs. Once approved these changes are carried out by SharePoint 'experts' in the business who are added to a sharepoint group on the appropriate site for a limited time by K2. Although the picker works well we can find no way of obtaining the navigation URL that sits behind the managed metadata.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Hi Wurkle.

I cannot tell how to obtain the navigation URL that sits behind the managed metadata, but I have been looking and try to see if I can find something related to the issue you have mentioned, I think some more information to do with managed navigation on SharePoint might be a helpful tool to understand how can one manage to get that navigation URL. You may look on this link for detailed information relevant to managed navigation in SharePoint. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn194311.aspx

i hope this information will be helpful.

Regards,

Abraham.