Skip to main content

Hopefully this is an easy one... I have an expression that is generating text to put in a datalabel.  It includes a number that I want to display in the format:

I assume I use the Format Number function, but have no idea what to put in the second parameter.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Matt

I would use a custom style for that formatting situation.

Click on the data lable and poke into the styles:

Thanks, but I've tried ###,###,###.00 and it doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Hey Matt,

I didn't want you to plug that into the Expression, I wanted to point you over to the Style part of the control. 

Do you need to use an expression to populate your data lable? 

I want to build up a string that says something like:

Thank you for sending a requesting with the following details:

Value - 123,456.00

Description - A Payment Request

I am passing this text into another of my forms, which is a generic OK/Cancel form. 

Does this make sense?  Sorry for the delay replying.  I thought I would have gotten notifications automatically...

Hi,

Are you storing the value in some control and would like to pass the value through to a Message Box of some sort?

Regards.

Yes, exactly that.  Any ideas?

Have you tried applying an expression to the control on the subform that will display the value being passed through?

This is an old thread but I thought this could be helping someone or myself in the future.  I was building an expression and need to show it in currency with the commas, and using the Format Number function setting:

Name | Type | Value

Number | Decimal | {Drag in a value}

Format | String | #,#.00

2nd parameter is a text value.  "C" for currency and "N" for number.  I haven't figured out how to specify a custom format yet but at least two of them are known.

See the link below for reference:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/1.0.6/default.htm#SF_-_ViewDesigner_Layout_-_Calculation_Expression.html%3FTocPath%3DK2%20Designer%7CViews%7C_____12

Hi MattWilliams,

To Show number as "999,999,999.99" use Format Number function  with Format as "N" in second parameter.

Format Number supports only specific Format Text values.  Please refer below :

C" or "c"

Currency

"D" or "d"

Decimal

"E" or "e"

Exponential (scientific)

"F" or "f"

Fixed-point

"G" or "g"

General

"N" or "n"