Question

Word Docutment - If Statement

• 4 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

2 questions,  first I’d like to create an if Statement using the and functionality, but however I code the statement I’m not seeing the desired results. 

The second question is how do you use Not equal to?  != ?

IF <<“fieldtaggerone”=”A”»  And “<<Fieldtaggertwo>>” != “C” “<<fieldtagger1>>”  “<Fieldtagger2>”

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @MMoeller ,

My personal experience is using the if statement logic is not ideal as it is often hard to find and understand in template why the document tagger is coming through.

I would recommend to use the Component Library. This allows you to use the tooling to use a single tag, and you can then add conditions to identify if a tag should be included or not.

The only use case I have had for using word document if statements was to use different data sources for each table - but in this case I could have separated the documented into different templates and apply conditional filters. I just think the word document if statements are too complex to maintain.

Would this component library be an option to use? If not, I can assist with the word document if logic….

thanks,

Anthony