The Salesforce formula field value won't display in merged document

• 8 November 2017
  • 1 reply

We are using this to generate legal documents.

Here is the structure of things:

Case

...Point of Contact (links accounts and contacts to the case, for example 2 Defendants, both Defendants Attorneys/Law                Firms and an Insurance company with that Insurance company's claim #)

.......Affiliation (links different points of contacts to each other, for example a Defendant1 and their Attorney1 and

their Insurance account)

On the Point of Contact object, there is a relationship established to the 'Affiliation' object.  One of those relationships is for Insurance.  The claim # for the Insurance is currently stored on the Point of Contact object. 

PROBLEM: When I generate a document from the Point of Contact Defendant 1 record, it pulls in Attorney 1 and the Insurance.  However, I can't get the Claim#.  I created a formula field on the Affiliation object to house the Point of Contact Claim#. I included the tag for this formula field of 'Claim #', and although a value is present on the page in Salesforce, Drawloop doesn't bring over the value.

1 reply

Hi - I'm trying to get a merge field from Salesforce to display in my document as well. I've tested several ways and it's not recognizing the field. Were you able to solve this? If so, how did you do it.