Question

Table with repeated rows also returns table text titles for each line of data

• 28 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We have a requirement to show rows for as many records there are for a specific record value. We work in finance and have a table in a word document to list all “Borrowers”. There is always at least one of these so the text of “Borrowers” is ok to always show and is not part of the table. However, we also need to show all “Guarantors”, if there are any. This is where it gets tricky. The “Guarantor” table include this word on the left so it appears the same as “Borrowers” does. In order to ensure the word “Guarantor” doesn’t remain on the word doc is to include it in the table so it is removed if no records are found. 

If there are NO “Guarantor” records, the table will delete. Perfect. 

If there is more than one “Guarantor” this word appears to the left of every matching record listed. Eeeeash. 

Is there a way to make the text appear or not appear in any other way? I am struggling to meet this requirement. Any help is appreciated. 

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @JessicaP 

Not sure the full setup of the Template, but an option would be to configure the Guarantors Section up the same as the Borrowers so its outside the Table. Then put the Guarantors Text in a Conditional IF Statement.

You could use the Tag that in in your replication.
Example:  such as <<Guarantor_name»

So if you have at least one name it will show otherwise it will be blank.

{IF "<<Guarantor_Name>>" = "" "" "GUARANTORS"}

Conditional Text help: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgensf/Templates/ConditionalTextInWord.htm

Hope that works! let us know

Badge +1

@Brent_Doc 

Thank you so very much for replying! I am new to learning Word Doc IF Statements and this tip will help get me to correct setup. I will try this as soon as I can. :)