Solved

Consolidate Multiple Records into a Single Drawloop Document

• 24 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I currently have a batch job setup the automatically initiates a package and attaches a Drawloop document to multiple records that meet XXX criteria on the 10th day of each month. The process works well, but in turn, creates multiple documents on each record separately. As a result, staff members are forced to click into each record individually and print each document one-at-a-time.

With that said, is there a way to merge multiple records into a single, consolidate document? In other words, is there an out-of-box way, or a method that uses Apex Code that could merge separate draw loop documents from separate records into a single PDF document? The records are not related so that rules out using any kind of related list merge template in the doc itself.

I have played around with the "Mass Generation" feature, but that seems to still attach documents separately. I have also found this similar forum post from a few months back, but it doesn't look it was ever resolved with an answer:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-Salesforce/One-Document-with-Mutiple-Records/m-p/93708?collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:Nintex_for_Salesforce&q=multiple%20records&search_type=thread

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

icon

Best answer by leighburke 25 June 2019, 02:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You could look at delivering to the document queue instead. This will send them all to a queue and the users can then merge into one. The following link will help get you started(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/manageDDP/DocumentQueue.htm).

This is the solution - thanks!

For reference, I was able to meet my needs by:

1) Creating a Custom "Mass DocGen Generation" button on the List View
2) Submitting the package to a "Queue"
3) Printing the documents from the queue as "1 PDF"