Solved

picker "Not Equals" filter not working.

  • 15 February 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I know that the picker does not have a "NOT CONTAIN" filter, sadly for us all as it would be quite helpful.
However it does have a "NOT EQUALS"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With an exact match it should have worked in filtering it out, but it does not.
Is that an issue you guys have found by any chance?

icon

Best answer by RaymondJVR 21 February 2019, 16:25

View original

3 replies

Good day Davidedpg10


 


I think you might have misunderstood how the "not equals" filter works. Based on your understanding you said that the the below filtering would "filter out anything that exactly matches IT ADMINS" but that is incorrect as the filter specified below will not filter out the exact matches to IT ADMINS but instead it will filter out everything that does not match IT ADMINS



For example:


If you have the below three rows...


ID=1  Name=A


ID=2  Name=B


ID=3  Name=C


 


And you apply the following filter on the picker populate rule...


Name "Not Equal" to B


 


This would display the below result as they are both not equal to B but Name (B) is eqaul to B therefore that one will get filtered out.


ID=1  Name=A


ID=3  Name=C


 


With the above said if you are trying to filter out everything that exactly matches to IT ADMINS, I would suggest changing the "Not Equal" to an "Equal" instead  so the filter condition would look like this ( PrimaryOU "=Equals" IT ADMINS )


 


You also mentioned that you were actually looking for a "Not Contains", with that kept in mind based on the above explained and the requirement you indicated I can see that you want to return all the rows that does not contain the words "IT ADMINS" and that does not match the words "IT ADMINS". To get that result you can simply change your filter to look like the below:


PrimaryOU "=Contains" IT ADMINS


 


For example:


If you have the below three rows...


ID=1 PrimaryOU=A_IT AMDINS


ID=2 PrimaryOU=B


ID=3 PrimaryOU=IT ADMINS


ID=4 PrimaryOU=D


 


And you apply the following filter on the picker populate rule...


PrimaryOU "=Contains" IT ADMINS


 


This would display the below result as they both either contain the direct words "IT ADMINS" OR they contain the words "IT ADMINS" rendering all the other items to be filtered out.


ID=1 PrimaryOU=A_IT AMDINS


ID=3 PrimaryOU=IT ADMINS


 


Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.


 


Kind Regards


Raymond


 

Thank you for that detailed response @RaymondJVR
I think my use of filters/filters out is adding confusion to this.
I would like to exclude things that exactly match "IT ADMINS" in the Primary OU

I made a test object and populated some simple entries.

the picker did not return the entry that contained IT ADMINS, which is the behavior I would like to see.
It does return the rest of them, which is meant to.
It does exhibit the desired behavior (of excluding the entries where primary OU is exactly "IT ADMINS") on a simple test object, but it does not exhibit the desired behavior when used on the "AD Service2" smartobject.

Good day Davidedgp10


 


This is interesting, I tested this on my end and received exactly the same behaviour, so I tried to identify whether the PrimaryOU does not have a different identifier in the system, but it seems that it does not. It looks like the PimaryOU is the only one providing this outcome when it comes to filtering on the AD Service 2 > AD Users SmartObject.


 


I also noticed that from the SmartObject Tester Tool the PrimaryOU is not even an option when trying to apply a filter from there, the option that is available from there is the OrganizationalUnit option which also does not filter the way we would expect it to, instead the same behaviour can be noted.


 


With the above taken into consideration, it looks like there might be a very reasonable explanation for why the filtering is not working with the PrimaryOU therefore I highly recommend that you log a K2 support ticket to obtain an official answer as to why the PrimaryOu cannot be used in a filter or why is is not filtering.


 


Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.


 


Kind Regards


Raymond


 

Reply