Skip to main content

When i used the XPath Query builder on Nintex Workflow in the Query XML action with the following xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version /><UnboundedField type="System.String">Some unbounded data</UnboundedField><Attachments type="System.String"></Attachments></FormVariables>

It is showing the Active XPath with the text "undefined:" which is very different from what I used previously as well as shown in http://www.sharepointpub.com/nintex-dawn-of-the-unbound-data-column/

This is the screenshot of the issue.

Is this a bug that had gone unnoticed or was there a change on the XPath reading mechanism?

Have you tried adding a field on another part of your infopath, for example on the root.?

There is no need to do so, the XML is a direct lift from the "Form Data" item property.

The version that I am testing on which showed the issues

Nintex Workflow Version: 3.1.6.0 - English

Nintex Forms Version: 2.8.1.0

Also just confirming some stuff on a document library. If you have a non connected field(ie unbounded) and the control is named properly(ie UnboundedField as the control name) in your form. The form data shows this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version /><_x0038_1e44427-9e3e-45bf-b046-456eee71c451 type="System.String">Some values that will be used in the workflow</_x0038_1e44427-9e3e-45bf-b046-456eee71c451></FormVariables>

Very much different than what it showed in a list scenario. Again this is a direct output of the form data using Log to History LIst action in Nintex Workflow.

Anyone else having the same bugs in the versions of Nintex Forms and Workflows that I have?