Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I'm having problems with updating a xml field value from a smartform. I created a xml data field from the following schema:

<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xs:element name="Comment">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="CommentApprover1" type="xs:string"/>
<xs:element name="CommentApprover2" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:schema>

In a smartform client event I mapped the CommentApprover1 field with a smartform textbox value so that the value transfers from the form to the process. When I open the form and press the button that actions the event nothing happens. I tried to configure the rule and after that the form automatically changes the event mapping in the process - the textbox value is mapped to the root element and after I action the task the process instance reports an error because the xml field is not properly handled. 

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to fill a xml field via a smartform?

Thank you in advance,

Veronika

Hi Veronika

If you are using the smartforms client event to transfer the data to a form control, my understanding is that the data transfer will happen when the form loads and the "open worklist" rule is executed, not when the worklist item is actioned. 

Hello Andrew,

I'm trying to transfer data from the form control to the process. That's why I use the action event option.