Skip to main content

The WPF Wizards in Visual Studio operate inconsistently. I find that sometimes the dropdowns do not drop down, the ellipses to show a dialog sometimes only work the first time, sometimes child windows appear underneath the parent windows so they are only partially visible.

If you dynamically add a field to the process or activity, after adding the first field, the Context Browser window ‘gets lost' and you have to ‘Alt-Tab' to get it back.

I notice that myself and Cobus (K2) are having identical issues on different installations. Is it likely that there will be fixes forthcoming to resolve this?

I believe some of that's addressed in the Release Notes...  Something about waiting for a hotfix from Microsoft.

I encountered other "problems" with WPF in K2. It concerns the installer (and the configuration manager).

Installing K2 blackpearl on a remote server using Microsoft Terminal Services, the installer window turns black when you minimize, then maximize the MSTSC window. Hovering the different controls in the window makes some of them "reappear", but it's not the case for all of them.

Yes - I've also noticed this on "random" occasions.   From speaking with someK2 folk, it's a Microsoft WPF issue - related to the "Z-Order" - and something like "bring-to-front"needed.

I wonder if this is to be fixed as part of .NET 3.5 - or even patch planned for this.

Is this happening on Vista, XP or WIn-2003 Server ??     (Was W2K3S for me)

Windows 2003 too...

This is particularly annoying because there is no way to know that the configuration wizard is over when it happens (except using the task manager to watch the process activity). Moreover, clicking on "Next" or "Finish" is not so easy when the window is black, knowing that the "Cancel" button is not far away 🙂 I'm now used to it, but it could be a problem for people who rarely install K2 Blackpearl.