Skip to main content

Here's a slightly obscure problem I came across with a fresh build of K2 4.5.

The K2 workspace site threw HTTP 500 errors when I tried to view it - with an error like

Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'value' set to 'negotiate'

When I looked in the web.config, for the Workspace site, I saw that the authentication config was slightly mis-configured:

<windowsAuthentication
enabled="true" useKernelMode="true"
useAppPoolCredentials="true">

<providers>

<remove
value="NTLM" />

<add
value="Negotiate" />

<add
value="NTLM" />

</providers>

</windowsAuthentication>

I added a <remove value="Negotiate" /> as the first sub-element of the <providers> tag - and everything was magically good.

I needed to do this in the following places:

C:Program Files (x86)K2
blackpearlWorkspaceSiteweb.config

blackpearlWebservicesRuntimeServicesweb.config

blackpearlWebservicesViewFlowweb.config

I'm still a bit puzzled why I got this issue (and no-one else has, apparently).  For various reasons I had to build and rebuild a number of K2 servers in 4.5 and 4.6, and came across this issue probably 60% of the time.  Once I knew what to do to fix it, it wasn't that painful, though.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Ran into the same issue on my first install attempt of K2 (4.6.6) and this got me through it. (and no innocent monitors got punched)

Thank you. I ran into the same issue with a new 4.6.6 install on Windows Server 2012 and IIS 8, and your solution resolved the error.

The same issue happened during reinstallation (remove/brand new install) of K2 4.7.  Tweaking the web.config file helped me recover from this error. I'd say this error has occurred only 5% of times during when I was installing K2. All underlying infrastructure was the same. Windows 2012 R2/IIS 8.5