Skip to main content
I'd like to make a custom worklist that shows all worklist items within a particular process. In this custom worklist, I'd like to display process specific data elements instead of the standard (status, process, activity, event). That way, when we have a high volume of process instances, the users will be able to jump to the one they want.

Do any of you have ideas or examples of how I can accomplish this? I am open to other suggestions that meet the same goals too.
Hi J,

Have a look at the K2ROM help file for more information.

Also visit: http://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/training.aspx and have a look at the following module:

Module 07 : Developing against the K2.net 2003 Object Model - The student will learn how to programmatically interact with the K2.net server by utilizing the K2.net ROM object. The object model together with its various methods and properties will be discussed. After completing this module the student will know how to programmatically start new workflow processes and how to interact and manipulate existing workflow process instances.

Hi Jessica,

You are able to display data field values from your processes if the process data fields have the option for "On-Demand" unselected.

The values of the process data fields will then be included in the worklist call.

You can then display these in your custom worklist.

Please be careful when unchecking the "On-Demand" checkbox for data fields as this could dramatically increase the load time of your worklist (across the standard and custom worklists).

I suggest that you identify a small set of data fields which you want to display on the custom worklist and uncheck the "On-Demand" checkbox only for those. Remember to redploy your processes for this to be applied.

Once the  data fields are loaded with the worklist, use the examples in the Developer Reference (http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/DevRef/4.6.7/webframe.html#Get_Data_Fields.html) which shows how to create a custom worklist.

The reference example above looks for a specific worklist item. For your purposes you only need to display the worklist and access the datafields which are not "On-Demand" with worklistItem.ProcessInstance.DataFieldst"YourDFName"].Value;

I hope this helps!

Regards,

JohanL

Hi Jessica

I would suggest you to use worklist control available in K2 smart forms which allows you to configure the elements as your wish.

Which also offers you to sort and filter the worklist items based on the process.

13749i9EA36CB3ACC8A3B4.jpg

Thanks

Aravind Purohit