Skip to main content
What I would like to do is display an item's 'due date' in the SharePoint worklist web part, so the user can sort by when items are due with more granularity than just the priority of the items.  The due date of an activity is custom based on an xml data field (some processes are 30 days before this value, others 40 days, etc.).  I can calculate the due date within the process code, but where can I put it so that the work list can display it?  I was hoping to just stuff it into the event description or metadata via server code, but those fields are read-only from code (unless I am doing it wrong).  The xml data fields themselves are not available for display in the work list either.  Is there a way to accomplish this without making my own custom work list web part?

You could try putting it at the beginning of the Folio field.  That can be displayed by the worklist.

Thanks for the idea, but altering the folio for one event actually ends up changing the folio for all events in that same process... I was hoping for an event-specific field that I could update and then display in the task list.