Skip to main content
Hi,

What exactly is a WorkList and WorkItem ?

Gone mad trying to understand it.

Please reply ASAP.
Workitem is an individual piece of work that user needs to take action on. (e.g. approving an expense report)

Worklist is list of workitems. (e.g. 5 expense reports to approve = 5 workitems in your worklist)
Workitem can be defined as single field of the process
Worklist can be defined as combination of fields of the process
Ex:status report form contains number of steps, one step is called as workitem and all the steps together called as Worklist.

Think this will be helpfull. 🙂
icon-quote.gifgopinathsrun:
Workitem can be defined as single field of the process
Worklist can be defined as combination of fields of the process
Ex:status report form contains number of steps, one step is called as workitem and all the steps together called as Worklist.

Think this will be helpfull. :)

Nope, i dont agree with this.

Peter Yao gave a excellent example!

Lets elaborate a bit more on this:

Each Client event in K2.net is used to create a task (Worklist Item) for the specified destination users, a user can have task from one or more processes (Expense Claim Process, Call Centre Process) these task will typically be delivered to the user using our out of the box K2.net 2003 Worklist. The Worklist is basically your inbox for all Tasks assigned to you and contains the collection of tasks assigned to you.

Now, using K2ROM Object Model, when you need to get a collection of Tasks (WorklistItems) you need to get hold of the container of these tasks so:

Worklist = Container that contains a collection of tasks assigned to you
WorklistItem = A single task in the collection

Let me know if you need further explanation of this.

Renier, 

How to assign worklist item? Where in SQL datbase does K2 stores this information? I need to make use of this SQL tables to make some decisions in my application. Can anybody help. Thx in advance.

We do not advise reading data directly from the tables in the K2 databases.  Any applications built this way cannot be supported and there may be unintended side-effects.  Exactly what infomration inside K2 do you need to surface?  There may be another way of doing this using an combination of the K2MNG and K2ROM APIs.