Skip to main content

I was requested to implement the following business process using Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow.

Data is collected (Using Nintex Forms) and stored in a custom list.

As long as the requestor or the person who has created the "form" (data) hasn't confirmed his inputs it stays in a draft status.

(No one can see the form/data) (State is draft with minor versions)

Once submitted a group of approvers all need to approve the form so it becomes the first major version and is visible for all users.

(State is first major publication)

In a later stage only the requestor can again make changes to the data which should not be visible for anyone before they are approved again. (State first major + drafts) The drafts are only visible for the requestor and approvers once submitted again by the requestor.

After the process is again completed all users see major version 2.

This is in fact the standard behavior of a SharePoint publishing approval process on a document library.

Does anyone have an idea how to apply this for a list with data?

Thanks in advance!

Wim

I was not the one who wrote the question, but I have similar querry.

This may not work. Consider a scenario a document is in version 3. Then there is some change in the litem and now the item is in version 3.1. Users should be able to see the version 3 even untill the major version is approved.  If we remove the permission, users will not be able to view the older version, i.e. version 3. 

I have done this using two lists. In first list I have the approval Workflow and in second list I have list items which I display to the user. Only Admin has access to Edit , so what I did was create a button in the display list with words "Edit List". This will take admin to First list. When admin does any change here, the workflow triggers and once it is approved, the new list is updated with all the values. 

Its a little long process, but it serves the purpose. If anyone has better idea, please reply to this post.