Skip to main content

I have a workflow running when completiing an InfoPath 2013 form in a SharePoint 2013 environment.

When the item is waiting for Network Accountant Approval either "Accept" or "Reject" before the workflow continues - but even though the Sharepoint column contains either one (Reject or Accept) the workflow does not progress.

I have tried Pausing for 5 minutes after "Awaiting Item Update" still no progression and have added "Commit Pending Changes" after each XML Update!!

I was wondering if anyone has got around this - and/or can suggest the best way to do this without using "Wait for Item Update" - which seems problematic.

The workflow does not fail 100% of the time but obviously it needs to work 100% of the time.

I just need to stay in this loop until the field is not empty.

Many thanks for any help offered.

How are you doing the approval?  Is this with a task or someone updating a field on the item directly?  Can you post a screen shot of your workflow and the step where it's getting stuck?

Did you get a resolution for this one?

Aplogies have been away from work.

Yes although it is still falling over.

I used the Solution form Vadim Tabakman > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQzV6_8tfrg

I put the wait for item update in a loop that only exits when the Modified Date is different and the value = what I need it to be.

Still having issues though - so not perfect.