Skip to main content

Hi,

I am using DocuSign Send Document action in a workflow on a list. This action sends the document to email recipient and then stuck with no progress for hours together.

The recipient also signs the document using DocuSign and completes the signing process. When checked in workflow history, the action "DocuSign Send Document" has start time and end time shows "incomplete" and the graphical representation shows this action with 'yellow' color as shown below.

DocuSign-WF1.jpgDocuSign-WF2.jpg

Does the workflow ever complete? What is your action configuration look like.

Hi Eric,

No, the workflow is not completed, it looks that stuck at "DocuSign Send Document" action as shown in the above picture. Below is the screenshot of action configuration, and I am using a trail account for DocuSign and it is SharePoint 2013 on-premises.

DocuSign-WF3.jpg

Thank you,

Krishna.

Krishna, without knowing how your variables are setup, that looks good.

I would suggest taking a look at this post by Vadim on the connectors to ensure you're sending the correct package to DocuSign and then retrieving it correctly.  Nintex Connector for DocuSign

I am glad to walk through it with you also.

Eric

Eric, I see the example shown by Vadim's using DocuSign Populate Template action, I am using DocuSign Send Document.  I have followed NW2013_QSG-DocuSign.pdf to create the workflow and used DocuSign Send Document. Should I use the Populate Template action only in order to send a document? Can't it be done with "Send Document" action? I see someone else also posted in this community, tried using "Send Document" action, facing the same issue like me. Do you have any example or correct usage of "Send Document" action?

Coming to my example, document URL and file name refers to a document from the document library from the same site where workflow runs, attendee email and name refers to current list item properties, Envelope Id is single line text workflow variable.

Hi Krishna,

Have you turned on error handling and saved those variables?  That might give us more information.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, I turned the error handling and tried to save it variable.

The workflow never completed the “Send Document” action and hence no logging of the error.

I am using a trail account with DocuSign, does this could be a problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna.

Hi Krishna,

No, the trial account should work fine.  Can you confirm my understanding:  That the action doesn't appear to complete but DocuSign actually sends the document to a recipient, they can sign the document and they receive a copy of that signed document in their email?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

You are absolutely correct. The recipient receives email with document, he signs it using DocuSign, and clicks on “Finish”. Then he receives an email with subject, “Completed:…….”. After that nothing happens for days.

The document is a plain word document, does not consists of any placeholders, just a text message, “Signature”. And this document got uploaded to SharePoint document library.

I think I might be missing something that is crucial for “Send Document” action to resume the workflow after sign (DocuSign) is done by the recipient.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna.

Hi Krishna,

If DocuSign is sending the email to the recipient then the action is complete so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it is not progressing so you might have to log a support call.  When you say "this document got uploaded to the SharePoint document library", I presume you mean the document you are sending to the recipient, not the signed document.  For the signed document to be retrieved/uploaded you'd need to use the download document action.

It might be worth creating another workflow with the single send document action just to test it works.  Hard code all the variables following these rules:

1. Document to sign must be relative to the site you're in.  i.e. don't put the full URL.  Start with the / character
  2. Include the extension in the filename e.g. exampleDoc.pdf

Cheers,

Chris

Nintex Support team found the root cause and resolved the issue as below:

1. Verified ULS logs and found that there were errors pointing to NW Live timer job.

2. Found that the NW Live timer job was failing which was causing the issue with the send document action.

Troubleshooting:

1. Stopped Nintex Live Relay Service  on all servers (WFE, APP01, APP02).

2. Started Nintex Live Relay Service on WFE server and APP01 server (where the CA hosted).

Result:

Noticed all workflows with Nintex DocuSign Workflow action were completed successfully.

Notices the NW Live timer job succeeded.