Skip to main content

I create a simple SMO from SQL where I like to have multiple forms/views

SMO => Vacation Request => Name and 2 Dates for Vacation Request.

Entry View

Entry View RO O Where all the fields are Read Only / with special styling ]

Entry Form => Only Feed from Entry View for the SMO Fields and have the Submit Button in the Form.

Entry Form RO => To be used in the Supervisor Approval load teh Entry View RO

So my workflow start and send email when something is submited. 

The Information is being stored in the SQL ok.

The start email from the Workflow is received... I'm not able to pass parameters from the form to the Email but simple Email Arrive.

My problem is in the first supervisor approval I'm calling the Entry Form RO and complain about the ID because I'm not passing the ID on creation.

I was expecting the Workflow be able to pull the data. but is not happening automagically...

I wonder if somebody can give me some pointers to reference and read data to the Read Only Form to display in the Supeervisor approval.  Does this need some Output Mapping ???

THX in advance.

Dear ,

I got 2 questions for u to understand ur scenario more ,

1- what what parameters u exactly want to pass from the form ? what parameters u wanna send to email  ?

2-do u have first form to save data ? and another form or state to read only the form ?

first form is for submittor and second form is for supervizer ? and u want to be able to send ID from first form to second form to read the data u need ?

Best regards.

1- what what parameters u exactly want to pass from the form ? what parameters u wanna send to email  ?

=> I was expecting to put in the email some information about the new record that has been added instead of just using the default Email from User Task to approve/reject. when I reference like Folio a name from the Form does not propagate at all.

2-do u have first form to save data ? and another form or state to read only the form ?

first form is for submittor and second form is for supervizer ? and u want to be able to send ID from first form to second form to read the data u need

Yes First save data, that part succeed.

Second after some experiment, unless I use the same form that start the workflow, If I call another form r Called ReadOnly ] seems like can't read the ID or propagate the data... I wonder if in order to do this I need to pass the original SQL ID to reference back the Read Method on the ReadOnly Form/View !!!

The main reason is because if I have 4 approvals, and those contain different information, when I load all in one Form, then playing with States hiding/enabling those forms seems like onload the page takes to long and barely can see refresh all the rendered Views. later they hide. But I wanted just to call a ReadOnly Form to load minimum, but I'm not able to achieve that yet.

THX Dino.

Dear  ,

I assume u r using k2 studio for ur workflow , and then about the Email event  ,

if u want to add the information about the new record , u will need the id from that record , the SQL ID ,

the moment u "create" the record" u will need to keep tracking it , which means to send it to workflow data field , so u could use it later on (for email or for reading data on ur read only form )

and thats the answer about the SQL ID , yes u need it to read data ,

when do u send it to workflow ?

-the moment u "create" the record , on the output mapping , return the ID back to ur form , using Invisible DataLabel ,

then on ur "Start workflow" or "action worklist item" , then "if ()" , then "open worklist item"

go to configure part , u will be able to send the id to a workflow data field ,

how do u create workflow datafield ?

10742i0F33DB28C3A395F6.png

Since u got the ID , then u can use it to read any information u need , how to do that ?

u will have the context like the one shown upper , find the "SmartObject Server" and expand it to find the smartobject u want to read info from ,

Then u can use smartobject's methods and read data and return it to the Email Body .

Hope it helps!

Best regards.