Skip to main content

Hi all,

We are using InfoPath forms in our K2 project while working in a multi-developer environment using TFS as source control system.

When we choose an InfoPath form template (in the InfoPath Integration dialog), it stores and referres to the file using an absolute path, i.e. "C:Documents and SettingsJonathanvMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2005ProjectsMyK2ProjectInfoPath Form TemplatesMyForm.xsn".

This poses a problem when someone else retrieves the solution from source control and opens the project. His form is now located in a different location on the file-system, i.e. "C:Documents and SettingsMyColleageNameMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2005ProjectsMyK2ProjectInfoPath Form TemplatesMyForm.xsn". In the K2 project, the path still referres to the old path, which won't work. To solve this, the other person now needs to change the path to match his file system.

If we could use relative paths, this would solve our issue. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Kind regards,

Jonathan

I would probably log a support ticket with the details so that the product team can review and see if it is an issue.  This will also allow them to fix it for later releases (if it is an issue).

Can you share how did you managed to get the Infopath form templates into TFS? I am unable to check in the Infopath template into TFS so far. Thanks.
I've encountered this once. The easy workaround for this was to manually add the InfoPath Form Templates folder manually to the TFS system (add existing folder option). This automatically added the folder and its contents (the InfoPath source files) as protected content.