Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have been looking after one issue with the workflow i got recently, i am not getting why this workflow is not starting automatically which worked fine till last 3 week. Does any one is aware of this issue ? how can i fix it ?

I have a share point library on which my workflow runs when new document is uploaded to this library. It has been working fine till last couple of weeks from ages. but from last 3 weeks  it is not automatically triggering. we have to start it manually, every time document is added. I have checked this workflow settings and conditions nothing was changed from past 2 years.

Can someone guide me to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance..

Could you check who is the author of the documents? System account will not trigger workflows automatically

Giacomo

we have people group who adds documents in sharepoint library so that workflow triggers. It is not triggering most of these people. for the same persons this workflow triggered many times in the past.

Reason : When a list item is created via a person using the User interface to trigger that, it hits the SharePoint Object Model and triggers a start event. This start event then starts the workflow.  When a workflow creates an item, it does the same thing on behalf of the person and again triggers that start event which is why the workflow triggers when item added. It uses a different permission level, but still runs under the users permissions.

The reason a task item created by another task item does not trigger the start event is because it uses a different account to create those and thus can be a security problem which Microsoft wants to prevent. we can notice this with any item update is made using system account, the workflow will not be triggered.

Fix:

Update the actions where we use "Override credentials" as Admin to blank. I have removed admin credentials inside the "Copy to sharepoint" actions those are used inside my workflow (as shown below). then it works as usual happy.png

182321_pastedImage_2.png