Skip to main content
HI All,

I am having a problem with deploying my workflow (designed in visual studio) to the server. I have gone through the other posts on this issue, but they havent helped.
I checked the tasks list, and workflow history list, they already exists.
Does anyone have any steps to troubleshoot this.

Appreciate any help
Thanks,
Tariq

Event Long entry -

An error has occurred while executing the following method: K2SPFeatures:UpdateFeature
Failed to find the XML file at location '12TemplateFeaturesQUICK2PROCESS1feature.xml'

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Deployment error -

Error    2    Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred adding the feature to the farm. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to find the XML file at location '12TemplateFeaturesQUICK2PROCESS1feature.xml'
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Objectm] parameters)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPFeatures.AddWorkflowFeature(String featureTitle, String description, Boolean isDefaultForms, K2SPStartForms startForms, K2SPTaskFormK] taskForms, K2SPModificationFormf] modForms)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.SharePoint.Common.Features.AddWorkflowFeature(String featureTitle, Boolean isDefaultForms, String FeatureDescription, K2SPStartForms startForms, List`1 taskForms, List`1 modForms, CredentialCache CredCache)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.ConfigureEvent.AddFeature(IntegrationObject integration)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationTask.Execute()
    C:Documents and Settings ariqaMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2005Projectsquick2quick2objDebugDeploymentquick2.msbuild    68    6    quick2

Is this a new environment? Have you been able to deploy previously?

I am facing a similar problem as well. My error message is:

Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred adding the feature to the farm. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to find the XML file at location '12TemplateFeaturesK2PROJECT1PROCESSfeature.xml'

K2PROJECT1PROCESS is the first process I deployed. It is a SharePoint Integration Workflow integrated with a Document Library and starts whenever an item is added. However I realised that the workflow was not working so I removed the workflow from the Document Library under Workflow Settings.

When I try to deploy a newer version, I am getting the error above. 

Make sure the file is actually in  '12TemplateFeaturesK2PROJECT1PROCESSfeature.xml'. (If you are using multiple WFE's make sure that the same files are on both machines) If it is there, associate the workflow on the library settings and try again.

HTH

Hi,

Sorry should have made a clearer post at the top.

K2Project1Process was the first process which I deployed, and upon realising there was an error, I disassociated it from my document library. 

The process which I am trying to deploy now is not related to K2Project1Process at all. It is a new project and new process altogether. Why would it care if the feature.xml file for K2Project1Process is there or not?