Skip to main content

Hi,

i have developed infopath based workflow in a distributed environment where i have an APP SERVER, DB SERVER & SP SERVER. am plannig to move my workflow to production which is similar to my development environment (distributed).

what i wanted to know is if i deploy the process from developemt to production server, as my infopath form has secondary data sources like

1. CAN I SUBMIT WORKFLOW SERVICE

2. GET WORKFLOW TASK ACTION SERVICE

does these webservice server reference would also get updated pointing to the new server automatically OR do i need to manually configure it being in production box????

hope i've made my question clear.

appreciate your help. thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ezaz

I have found that the K2 data sources are migrated properly.....

however when using Infopath Forms services (this may also happen with Infopath client forms - I haven't experimented) to deliver the forms via the web, and UDCX connection files for additional secondary data sources (eg I use additional data sources to pull informaiton from a database), the form does not update the server location properly - resulting in a form in production which has secondary data sources which still point to the development UDCX connection files.

There is a workaround for this - see this thread for details - a bit of a pain having to do this every time you publish a new version of the process, but it does work...

Hope this helps

As arduk mentioned, in order for the form to perform seamless between the environments, you will need to use a UDC in the data source.

K2 's data sources will always migrate fine. However, if you add your own, there is some changes you will need to make. I've successfully used UDC's in all my projects. And the good thing about it is that once you create them, you won't have to bother messing with the connections again after the initial setup.

For information on how to do this, check out this article which gives detailed information. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704269.aspx#ip2007BestPracticesFormTemplates_DesigningFormTemplate