Skip to main content

Greetings:

One of the steps in my draft workflow reads data from a Nintex list form and includes the XSLT formatted form data in an email to an approver.  What I'm noticing is that if there are already items in my list that went through this workflow then the email shows data for that item (it does not refresh) whereas if I delete all these items and create a new one then the workflow uses data for that item, which shows up in the email. Is Nintex Workflow or SharePoint caching this data somewhere and how to I prevent this so that each run of the workflow returns data for the item it was called from.

Thanks,

Bruce

What action do you use to get the list?

I use Query List.

...I'm having the same issue, old emails are not being deleted when workflow is updated Saved/Published.  Caching somewhere, but where?

I have found the problem.  I had the filter in Query List set incorrectly because I had copied this workflow from another list and didn't update the filter criteria.  Since the column value it was filtering on didn't exist in the new list it effectively reverted to "Select all list items" and therefore used the values in the first item.  This is why it appeared to be cached. Once I updated the filter condition it behaved as expected--it operated on the current item. Lesson learned.

156520_pastedImage_0.png