Skip to main content

I'm creating a 2013 on-premises form where 3rd party Application System Owners can select a single or multiple role for an individual to access their application. Based on formatting rules using the inArray() function and selecting one or more roles, I’m revealing panels to alert the system owner to security violations i.e. Helpdesk Analyst chosen on its own will not reveal a security violation panel, however Helpdesk Analyst + Payments Clerk will conflict and show an alert within a panel on the form.

I’d like a workflow to start on the submitted form and determine which panels are visible in order to kick-off relevant approvals to either allow or deny these security violations. My question is how can the workflow determine which panels are visible when the form is submitted? Would this need some javascript / jquery or is there another option?

I assume role selector is a choice control on form.

so create a choice column in the list and connect form control to the list field.

that way selected roles will be saved to list item and you will have them accessible from workflow.

the other option is (if you do not want to create specific list field), there is a hidden list item field FormData that is visible in workflow. this fields (except other things) holds values of controls that are not bound to list item.

it an XML structure, so you can parse needed data out of there.