Skip to main content

Hi

I've have found that my previously working travel form is throwing a workflow approval error ever since I added the Attachments control to the form. If a user submits a form without an attachment it still works perfectly well. However, as soon as a documentĀ is attached, the initiator receives an email with subject 'Workflow errored', body: "Error in request approval action. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))".

Googling this error has led me to check the permissions on the workflow task list - everyone has 'Approve' permissions.

For the list permissions everyone has 'contribute with no delete'.

Any ideas what has caused this? In the workflow request approval I tried changing the item permissions to Approve from Unchanged but this hasn't helped.

It's definitely a permissions issue but I'm not sure what else to change.

Thanks

I finally found the answer! It was to do with my custom permission level ''contribute with no delete''. There were a couple of SharePoint List Permissions that I needed to include: "Open Items - View the source of documents with server-side file handlers" and "View Versions - View past versions of a list item or document".

Adding these 2 additional permissions has made the approval workflow work again.