Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm going through the Blackpearl prerequisites list before I install the software.  However, the documentation seems too generic and, since I'm not familiar with all the roles and features Windows Server 2008 has, I'd like, if possible, to have more guidance on how to install the necessary components to make sure Blackpearl installs properly.

Our system details are:

• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter SP1
  • .Net Framework 3.5.1
  • 64-bit
  • Virtual Server (VMware)
  • 4GB Memory
  • 2 Processors

The documentation says that I need Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ), but when I expand the Message Queuing feature list, I see these services:

Message Queuing
     Message Queuing Services
          Message Queuing Server
          Directory Service Integration
          Message Queuing Triggers
          HTTP Support
          Multicasting Support
          Routing Service
     Message Queuing DCOM Proxy

Which one(s) should I check? Or just checking the Message Queuing Server will suffice?

Also, the documentation says that I need Windows Support Tools, but this article says that there is no Support Tools package for Windows Server 2008 R2.  Is there an equivalent to Support Tools on Windows Server 2008 R2?

I still need to install Windows Identity Foundation Redistributable, which I'm going to do after posting this.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

The exact config for the MSMQ portion can be found in the link below:

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.2/webframe.html?msmq.html

As far as the Windows Support Tools go, it is only used for troubleshooting if I'm not mistaken, so you will be able to install K2 without having these installed.