Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a simple infopath form which has one data connection, this dataconnection is on the sharepoint in a data connection library it uses a ad webservice to retrieve ad data. Always when i wanted to import the form with the infopath client integration wizard into a blackpearl workflow project i receive the "parameter not null" error. Otherwise i tried to import the form without the data connection, it worked, but if i add the data connection after the import i get the same "parameter not null" error.

My question is, how can i use data connections in blackpearl with a infopath form? shall i set up a smart object? i don't found a way to do the same with a smart object.

thanks

Yes, SmartObjects are your best bet here.  In the InfoPath integration wizard there is a step on integrating that form with a smartobject.

I will be publishing a video on how to do this very soon as well.

I have tried using smart object with infopath but there are some issues with doing that in browser forms. The reason is that the smart objects are added as secondary data connections in the infopath form. Browser based forms allowed secondary data connections ONLY if converted to udcx connections. So, if I add smart object to an infopath form it works fine if I open it in client. If I set it to open it in browser it errors out. I converted all the smart object connections to udcx and redployed the project. Interestingly, the workflow still works if i use teh client but give the parameter not null error as soon as I try using the browser. I copied the infopath from from the K2 project folder and published it to a form library. That works fine and opens ok in a browser. I think there is something related to K2 integrated infopath form data connections (smart objects or others) which is causing this parameter not null error.

You can definitely use SmartObjects integrated with an InfoPath form both in InfoPath Client and InfoPath Forms Services (browser). The problem experienced when opening InfoPath Forms via the InfoPath Integration Wizard is only experienced when the InfoPath Form contains UDCX connections.

In this case, there has been an update released to address this issue. Check out (http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000215.aspx).