Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post within the community.

Devices:

SharePoint 2010

Ipad Air 2

Iphone

Background Detail:

I have a Time Study form that I put together that stores time stamps based off selection inputs. There is a repeating section that stores values in multi line text (inputted as XML). I created multiple layouts. I have one for Desktop, Iphone and Ipad.

The form works 100% of the time when opened (Clicking 'Add New Item') on the Desktop and I am able to fill out the form completely. When I open the form on an Iphone or Ipad , after navigating through SharePoint, and clicking 'Add New Item' The form loads and pops up, but it is "greyed" out and you cannot input anything into the form.

Question:

How do I keep the form from "greying" out when opened on an Ipad or Iphone device so the user is able to complete the form?

Thank you!

Brad

Thanks Frank!

Hi Brad,

Can you try using accessing your from on Chrome browser with Developer Tools on set to responsive and debug the Nintex from here. It's worth a try.

200234_pastedImage_1.png

Hello,

Does there exist any kind of custom JS you are running on the form?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Chaitra BC,

Thanks for the Tip. I am currently looking into the error that is reading:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentElement' of null

Hey Mike,

Yes I have custom JavaScript as shown below:

function apple() {
var today = new Date();
var date = today.getFullYear()+'-'+(today.getMonth()+1)+'-'+today.getDate();
var hours = ((today.getHours()<10?'0':'') + today.getHours());
var minutes = ((today.getMinutes()<10?'0':'')+ today.getMinutes());
var seconds = ((today.getSeconds()<10?'0':'') + today.getSeconds());

today = date+'  '+hours+':'+minutes+':'+seconds;
//document.write(today);
return today
}

Could you comment out your JS code and then attempt to view on your devices?   This will prove whether or not the JS is the root cause and will answer your original question.

Thanks,

Mike

I commented out the custom JS code and the form still greys out 90% of the time. sad.png

Strange, so it works 10% of the time?  Are there any rules that might be on the form that would fire during the 90% but not the 10%?   Erratic behavior is sometimes hard to nail down.  It almost sounds like something is timing out when something is loading... Support might be able to examine your form and get to the bottom it.

Hi Brad,

Can you try accessing the form in iPad/iPhone, after removing all the custom JavaScript and/or Rules on the form (if any)?

By this, we can target to find the actual issue.

It might be time taking, but worth a shot.

Sorry for the delay in reply.

There are no rules in the form.

I previously tried commenting out the JS and there is no rules. What are potential solutions to test for time taking? (assuming it as a probable cause)

Does anyone know if this is a CSS issue? and can you change fix it by adding custom CSS?

I'm having the same problem on a particular form on Windows 10, the page is greyed out approximately 10% of the time and I have to close the browser to get it to start responding again. There is no custom code or CSS, I've cleared browser cache, and it happens on Firefox, Edge, Chrome--I can't debug on Chrome because it is hung. I'm running on Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2019, version: 5.0.1.0. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

pI've searched the Nintex forums with no luck, that's how I found this post]