Skip to main content

Hi

While applying the steps of this post  http://help.k2.com/en/k2blackpearluserguide.aspx?page=Configure_Custom_UM_and_K2_Workspace.html 

i came a cross a table called CustomUserManager, is it just an expression meaning that it is the same table called K2Users in SQLUM database. or is it a Table that really exists and in this case which database?

I tried to login to the Workspace and supplied the UserName, Password -Both from K2Users table IN SQLUM- i also supplied the "Security Label" which is K2SQL.

It keeps telling me that "  Your login attempt was not successful. Try again.   "

To my knowledge the SQLUM was built to work like an ASPNetMembershipProvider. It might be required to properly register a user before you will be able to log in.

Use the CreateUser Stored Procedure on the K2SQLUM database to create a new one. After creating one try to log in with this new user. I don't think there is a working user interface for this from workspace.

I have seen some pages in the /workspace/profile/ virtual folder but I'm not sure if they will work.

To troubleshoot the issue further, maybe check the K2 logs, they might have a bit more information.

Hope this helps!

Many Many thanks Mr. Johan