Skip to main content

I am looking for documentation/details on a couple of tables in the K2 database.  Mainly the _Field and _ProcInst (state column specifically).  I am curious how these are used and what they mean exactly.  where can i find that type of documentation?  Thanks.

The only database currently documented is the K2Log (log) database. The K2 (transaction) database is not currently documented.

You can obtain that document from K2 Support by opening a support ticket. (the document is part of the Custom Reporting information package).

- Dave

thanks for the quick reply.  So, even though there is not an official document regarding the k2 database, is there any 'unofficial' info regarding the tables i mentioned above...or a best guess as to how they play into running processes? 

Sorry for the bad news, but unfortunately, no 'unofficial' info either. The one nice thing is that the majority of the K2Log database tables are also in the K2 transaction database.

From my experience, the _Field table is related to the _ProcInst table, and possibly the _ServerList table. 

It also seems that the _ProcList table appears to be related to _Field, _Act, _Line, _ProcImp, _Event, and _ASync, _ServerList, and _ProcInstDestQueue tables. Again - this is not official nor 100% validated/confirmed.

I would recommend loading some sample provess instances and evaluate what data is stored in the various tables, the content, etc.