Skip to main content

I have a requirement that for a List Item that:

Person A needs to review first and approve

Person B should receive the list item ONLY if Person A approves and should acknowledge receipt once received..(just acknowledge is needed not approval)

Person C should receive the list item ONLY if Person A approves and should acknowledge receipt once received..(just acknowledge is needed not approval)

Is the Assign Flexi Task what I should use for this requirement ?  Also when I send the request to Person A I was hopeful it was possible to embed all the attachments found within the List item to the approval request.

I have been using this for my reference, but it I can not extrapolate the information provided into a solution for the above.  In addition I received some information from a prior post awhile back, but my above scenario is slightly different.

Note my administrators have not turned on Lazy Approval in case that makes a difference.

Hi David, The flexi task is just a control that will help you to have a workflow. It is up to you how to control the process. In flexi task you can use any word you want , approve, endorse, reject, acknowledge etc.. , you can control the workflow based on the results.

You can get the names of the attachments that are attached to the list item and create a link to the documents instead really attaching the document. You can provide that link in a rich text control on the approval form in flexi task.

Hi David,

You've got two questions here:

1. Should you use the Flexi task?

• Definitely for ther Person A approval.
  • Yes you can for ther Person B and C approval or alternatively you could use an "Assign To Do task" action

It's probably easier to use flexi tasks for all as per the picture below.

When you configure that second flexi task, here are some things to look out for:

• You can use the single flexi task to send the acknoweldgement request to both persons B and C
  • Go to the Advanced options and check "do not create branches".  That will still send an email to persons B and C requiring they acknowledge the task

Question #2: sending associated list item attachments

Yep - easy to do this.  Go to the Task Notification area in the flexi task and you'll see an option to include attachments.  You can also include attachments from other lists if you know the URL

Cheers,

Chris

Hi David,

in addition to what Chris has already described, if you want that both person B and C answer to their acknowledgment request, you probably have to change some settings in the Behaviour section of the second Flexi Task, my suggestion in this case with an only possible outcome is to switch to "All must agree", so all people involved have to complete the task (with the only outcome available), otherwise, with the default "first response applies", when B or C replies, the task is closed and the other person cannot reply anymore.

Giacomo

Ah yes.  Good spotting Giacomo! wink.png