Skip to main content

I have been trying to update my nintex environment for sometime, I think I need to export and just do it through SharePoint Management shell. However not sure which of the wsp files I need to install. If I need to install all then what order?

What happens if you use the installer? It should install everything correctly.

This is what my environment looks like after default install

197501_pastedImage_1.png

I'd suggest following order:

nintexworkflow2013core

nintexworkflow2013

nintexworkflow2013enterprisefeatures (if needed)

livecore

if you also need forms I would continue with

nintexforms2013core

nintexforms2013

use the backwardscompatibilityUI only if you have sites still running with 2010 design scheme, otherwise ignore

There is also an instruction in the install documentation of both products.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Thanks for the reply, when I use the installer it crashes on Disabling Timer Job. It was suggested that I do the export method. When I went to the documentation it just run add-spsolution on the wsp. Not the most descriptive considering there were many wsp files. 

Hi Josh,

ok, in that way you could try the suggested order of installing the wsps manually.

Did you try the installation as farm admin on one of the web front ends? Maybe that fixes your installation problem. I'd always suggest to get the automatic installation method running so maybe you give it a try.

Kind regards,

Enrico

I used my farm level admin credentials on the web server and I am still getting the crash of the exe. Its a very strange issue. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks,
Josh

Is there any log info about the error when stopping the Timer Job in the ULS log?

What happens if you restart the timer job in the services snap-in in windows management console? Does it restart normally?

Hey Josh,

maybe this discussion can help you: https://community.nintex.com/thread/10122

Best regards,

Jan

Enrico, not really anything in the logs that I can see, however I ended up running the install.ps1 file in the export method of updating and that seemed to have worked so I'm thinking it could be something with my .net on the server. Thanks for all your help and suggestions happy.png 

Thanks,
Josh McCain

Jan,

Ended up running install.ps1 in the export method of patching and that seems to have updated with no problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks,
Josh McCain

‌,

glad you got it working! Can you please mark an answer as correct so others can see that the issue has been solved?

Thanks

Philipp