Skip to main content

I try to build a simple email form that just enter a subject and body and send some email. 

Once the form is sent, there is no storage, smart objects or nothing is just a simple post....

The workflow on submit gets triggerred, the problem is that I don't have access to the variables part of the original form.

I noticed under "Context Browser" => "Item References" my form variables are not available.

This is the View... 

16454i974C460E1B33C778.jpg

This is the workflow Email:

14403iDC5EA32D727AD53E.jpg

However when I made reference to the variable seems like got lost within the process...

11506iF6C86333449727F2.jpg

But still when the Workflow is save and deployed, the Form run in runtime I received an email but is empty, seems like lost the variables somewhere in the way...

I wonder if is absolutely necesary to create some Runtime SmartObject to allocate temporarly those values entered in the form, pass to the workflow then destroy the object... or what is the recomendation to pass variables from a View/Form to a Workflow ???

Found this post where they use the technique of a Advanced SMO: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Pass-form-data-to-workflow/m-p/71810#M20615

THX Dino.

Hi Dino

For what you are trying to do I would suggest building your workflow in K2 Studio, not K2 Designer.

In K2 Studio you can create your own process level data fields, and populate them when the workflow is started (when you configure the start a workflow rule on your form). You can then use these data fields in the email event. See K2 Help for information on data fields.

Alternatively you can just call the Send Email action from your form and avoid using workflows.

You are correct Andrew, thank you so much. I'm trying to get as much as possible and this is the perfect solution from the form a simple email will do the trick. Will do research with K2 Studio but this surely works great. 

13536i892D1D1E5B42D416.jpg

THX Dino