Skip to main content

Hi,

I am new to k2 platform. I want to know what are the ways the k2 blackpearl is different from ordinary .net application? How the k2 black pearl is integrated with the .net (visual studio)?

Only if we need the process automation and workflows we require the k2 blackpearl platform? or can we use k2 platform for developing normal .net application (asp.net application)?

I searched a lot in the net, but unable to find proper details. Where can I get the details which clarify all my doubts?

Expecting your early response. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

jmavinashi

K2 is BPM software.  So if you have a business process that could use automating or for an example a document that needs to be reviewed 5 times by 5 different managers with each having a approve or deny, K2 is the software that allows that process to happen.  There really isn't a need to write a .net application for this process as K2 will do it and that process can be reused multiple times.  There is deep integration with SharePoint that is available to blackpeal and blackpoint and there is integration with Visual Studio that is available with blackpearl.  It's a mature and stable product.

The beauty of K2 is that you can code if you need to with blackpearl or if you don't want to code you don't have to.  Check out a demo of the software.