Skip to main content
I have aprocess that is based on a series of ASP.NET pages. The pages collect user information and electronic signatures using K2 to control the process this information is stored in datafields within the process. I have created an infopath form as the default template for a form library on Sharepoint. When the process is complete I would like the last event to take all of the data from the process and create a new form in the Sharepoint library using this template and inserting the data from the data fields into the infopath form. Is this possible and if so, how exactly would I go about grabbing the template so the xml is available in the process?

Sure, this is possible.  What you'd need to do is integrate your process with the InfoPath form (drag out the InfoPath Integration wizard) and configure it in such a way that the process doesn't rely on the submission of the InfoPath form to start.  Once you do this, the InfoPath XML schema becomes available to you as an XML field in the process, and you can push values into it via server code.  YOu can then use the SharePoint item wizard to push that XML field into the SharePoint list/library of your choice.  I can provide the steps to do each of those processes if you like, though I'm certain they are out here somewhere already.