Skip to main content

we are using kprx workflow process in our application, Some times we are getting The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted Stage error. 

If we retry this error from error profiles through K2 Management (K2 workspace), it was processed successfully.

Anyone knows why we are getting this error & any workaround to fix this error. Thanks.

Hi,

I suspect this might be caused by your WCF service. I found this when Googling for the error message: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2763592/the-communication-object-system-servicemodel-channels-servicechannel-cannot-be

You can try testing your WCF service using the SmartObject Service tester tool. Maybe a particular input causes your WCF service to error out? You can also try using the input used by that particular process instance to test your WCF service.

Hi, As you mentioned if this error happened for particular input only, they how come it was processed successfully when retry the error from k2 workspace.

If that is the case, your WCF service might be encountering some error the moment when your process instance reaches the event that calls your WCF service, and it might have nothing to do with your inputs.

Honestly, I have no idea what errors you might be facing on your WCF service, as the error message returned to K2 is a rather generic message.

It will help if you have some sort of error logging in place for your WCF service, as it may show a different exception message as the one thrown to K2.

You can also try editing your WCF service instance and set Debugging Enabled property to True. It may capture something different.