Skip to main content

Way to synchronize the same smartobjects with different GUID on the same environment?

So I had a smartobject that I created with the smartobject tester.  It gave me the ability to access a SharePoint list.  When some of the columns changed on that SharePoint list, I deleted that smartobject and recreated it.

Problem is, I have data fields and smartobject events that reference that smartobject.  Now the GUID’s do not match! 

I have tried in the process properties to perform a “Synchronize” between the process and the smartobject server.  But this doesn’t seem to do anything as it comes back with a message “No Synchronization Required”.

I’d rather not have to manually change each reference to the smartobject in K2Studio.  Is there some option or ideas anyone has?

Thanks!

Rick

The synchronize button for the process syncrhonizes process SmartObjects if you're using them.

At this point it looks like you will have to manually change each SmartObject in the process.

While it is quick and easy to create SmartObjects using the tester, if you want to change them or move them to another environment it is better to export them to a SODX from the tester, change them using a designer, and redeploy.  When you delete and recreate every time, the GUID changes as you have discovered.  Saving them to SODX has the added benefits of allowing you to put them under source control and easily deploy them to another environment.

David

While it is quick and easy to create SmartObjects using the tester, if you want to change them or move them to another environment it is better to export them to a SODX from the tester, change them using a designer, and redeploy. 

Figured that was the way I'd have to do it.  The SmartObject tester method seem too easy...

If a SmartObject is created to access metadata from a SharePoint Library, and the metadata changes?  Is there an automated way in the K2 Studio/K2 Designer to update changes into the smart object?  (Hoping there is a "Click button to update SharePoint library changes to SmartObject".