Skip to main content

Hi there. 

I am pretty new to K2, but am learning a lot as I go.  The K2 "family" has been outstanding.

That said, I have a question...this isn't my first Forum question, but the other one I managed to figure out, so I deleted it before anyone answered. 

I have a rule something like this:

13371i44A7718E4B9D7390.jpg

My question is that I'd ultimately like to have a message box come back to the user saying, "XX Files Assigned" (with the XX representing the # of rows that were selected).  In addition, I'd love to have a data field that would update with the # of rows selected right on the form when the user selects multiple rows.  Bascially looking for some kind of return value that represents the # of items selected on a multiple select list view.

I can't seem to find the ability to do this. 

Any thoughts?  I pretty much am limited to SmartForms out of the box technology.  I'm not techy enough to write custom code or even stored procedures.

Thanks,

Rob

Dear 

Just sharing a thought that might help you find the solution , since i dont have the k2 environment right now , so ill be descriping it in words .

First off , create a data label on ur view , name it "Count" ... then go create unbound expression on the view which is (count+1).

then find the rule u want to execute the count on .. for example

when user clicks submit , then to do the count 

1-for all selected rows 

Transfer data From Expression --> To the data label "count"

so in this way , for each selected row , u will add +1 to the count data label , after all u will get number of selected rows in the count data label .

Hope it helps

Regards

That sounds perfectly reasonable.  Although I don't have time to try at the moment, I went ahead and marked it solved.  :)