Skip to main content

Having recently upgraded to 4.5 1230, I have run into what I consider to be a major bug, but have been informed is a "deliberate change in design".

Using the sharepoint documents event, and choosing "get documents metadata", it is no longer possible to retrieve the MODIFIED date, or the CREATED date of a document.

So if you are looking to design processes that are required to read the CREATED date or MODIFIED date of a document stored in a sharepoint document library, you will not be able to do this using K2 blackpearl 4.5 1230.

workflows that use these properties, and were deployed in previous versions will appear to still work, however if you re-run the sharepoint documents wizard, then you will be unable to see these properties.

NOTE: This may affect other versions of Blackpearl as well - I have only encountered the issue since recently upgrading from release 807 565 to 4.5 1230, I am not sure in which release this "design" change was initially implemented. I am also not sure if it effects other metadata in addition to the modified and created dates.

So far I have not been given a workaround for this "design" feature.

If anyone agrees that this is an issue, I would suggest contacting support to register your concerns...

Hi, thank you for this post. Getting straight to the point, this should work. I am busy discussing this with our development team to get a better understanding of this but more so to get a better idea when this will be resolved.

I will keep you posted once I have more info.

Hi Renier,

Thanks very much for getting back to me....

I have raised this as a bug with K2, but was informed that it was a design decision, which does seem very strange, as they have also said that this design decision is to be reversed in the release 1290, when the functionality will be returning....not quite sure exactly what goes on in design meetings (perhaps a random draw - we'll take this feature out this version, and put it back in next version???). Would certainly be nice to have some consistency around features, particularly fundamental features such as retrieving metadata...

EXTREMELY unhappy to have to go through another upgrade - there is no chance I would have gone to 1230 if I knew that this basic functionality would no longer function...particularly frustrating as I only upgraded on the suggestion of K2, in an attempt to resolve another problem, which also wasn't resolved in 1230....

Looking forward to any additional information that you may come up with...

Just to close the loop on this thread. The issue mentioned has been marked as a bug and will be fixed.