Skip to main content

I'm just a beginner to K2 and want to learn more, but the yet discovered documenation is not very plentiful ;)

Where can I find:

- Examples, source code for the course "K2 blackpearl 101 - Hands on tour of K2 blackpearl"? On the Denallix virtual image are only Lab 3 and 5?

- Course for developers? Is there a hands-on lab for developers, like the "K2 BP 101_Module XX_.pdf" documents?

- Other tutorials, use cases, ... with source (code) that

Thanks in further!

There is information all around you!  A great place to start is the help file included with the product.  It has 60MB of code samples, overviews, and tutorials.  You can order the 900+ page book from amazon.  This site itself is filled with a lot of examples.

There is a K2 101 course available--contact your local K2 office to find dates and locations near you or to arrange a class at your business.

Sorry to say it - but the help file just scratches the surface! But this K2 has in common with another surface-scratcher (Microsoft MSDN)...

When you need really insightfull, deep information - Google is your friend. But this offcourse only apply if you know what to search for.

Example: Try to find how to use process XML Datafields (both create and use in code)...

"The information is all around you"

Where dog? I can't find anything. I got a 900 page book on amazon and it has about six lines of code samples in it. All I want to do is to enable a user to select the people that should populate the destination set of an activity. It says you can pass XML as a destination set, but I can find any sample of how to do this.

Where are the code samples of how to do stuff like this?

For your specific question of passing XML as a destination set it shouldn't require any code.  Here is an example using InfoPath which allows the user to populate a repeating node in the xml schema with the selected users which when the node is assigned as a destination user the K2 Activity will automatically assign the activity to each user in the repeating node. 

http://k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/05/22/activity-destination-users-based-upon-a-repeating-xml-element.aspx

The concept would be similar if you’re populating a SmartObject (maybe created from a SharePoint List) with your destination users.  You would then assign the destination user using SmartObject GetList method and the activity would automatically assign the activity to each user property that the GetList method for that SmartObject returns.

If you’re interested in how K2 programmatically assigns the destination set for the activity choose to view the code for the Destination Rule for that activity and drill down into the code.

I hope that helps.

Tim

Principal - Technologist

Caprivi Solutions Inc.
Toronto, Ontario 
Email:
tim.knechtel@caprivisolutions.com

Thanks. That was helpful.