Skip to main content

I built my first workflow in blackpearl (I have lots of experience in K2.net 2003) using the Visual Studio add-in.

I"m using an Infopath form in a sharepoint 2007 library to invoke the workflow, and had it built and deployed in development. But now I need to go back and make some changes. The project opens OK, but when I try to open the kprx process file, I get this error and it will not display the process file. How can I make changes if it won't display it?

So I dumped the whole thing and rebuilt it. I got it deployed, and needed to make more changes ... same thing happened again. I keep losing my work ...

Does anyone know what is causing this, and how to correct it?

A bit of a long shot but I've experienced the same thing when I had added non standard event templates to my process in blackpearl.  I would receive a similar message but was able to work around it by opening a SmartObject first in Visual Studio and then I could open the the kprx file without the error message. 

If your project doesn't have a smartobject it might be worth the effort to create or import one to test it to see if it works in your situation.

Hi There,

A couple of quick questions,

• Which version of K2 are you using
  • Are you loading the kprx file from a shared drive? I have had problems in the past when the shared drive is not a fully trusted location by the .net framework.
  • Are you using any source control
  • Do you get the same behavior with a non infopath integrated process?

Kind Regards

Andrew

I'm using Blackpearl 4.5

I'm remoting into the BP server and doing the development there.

No source control.

This is my first blackpearl workflow project. I recreateed it in K2 Studio and It seems to work OK there.