Skip to main content

We are using the Rules to hide controls based on a selection in a choice control.

This worked ok when all controls were on a panel and we just hid the panel but due to printing (printing a nintex form with panel does some ugly things - at least in our forms version) we've removed the panels and are hiding the appropriate controls. The problem is that the control AFTER the one that immediately follows the controls that are being hidden gets positioned wrong.

Design:

181567_pastedImage_1.png

Result after clicking hide and show again the row with attachments has its top set incorrectly:

181568_pastedImage_2.png

Now this does not apply specifically to Attachments. This is Always the second control after the fields that are being hidden.

181569_pastedImage_3.png

Hi Jan,

I understand and feel your pain.  I struggled with a similar form with multiple hiding panels and controls through out the form a while ago. The only way I could make the spacing work well was if the controls' borders touched each other.  I can see that there is spacing in your form between the different controls.

Will you try to move them so that the borders touch and retry?  Let me know if I need to explain myself better. 

Thanks Francois,

I've actually had a different experience. In fact I believe I read somewhere on the forums that there should be a space between the controls for them to display correctly. LOL

Either way, I will try to again with your suggestion. At the moment, we're struggling with the mobile versions as the iPhone client just does not behave the same as the Android one or rather Android works and iPhone does not. That's for another thread though.

would you mind to share what printing problems do you experience?

maybe that might be easier to resolve than layouting without panels.