Skip to main content

I have several Infopath Client events and each one should open ini a different view when it is their turn.  My form is web enabled and I have specified in the "Client Event View" to open on the view  where the corresponding Task Action Field is, However when  i open the infopath form from the tasks list to complete the activity it opens on the default view instead of the correct view. This is only happening to a few of the Client Events. The rest of them are opening in the correct view.  I haven't noted any difference between the events.

Thank you

do they open in the correct view when using the thick client (infopath) instead of the web?

No they dont.

I have just experienced this issue as well.

Anyone come up with a fix?

Mel

Have you tried updating the design template? Open the process in studio, right click on the design canvas and select update design template, also just step through the InfoPath integration wizard again. Vernon

Thanks Vernon. I've just done as you suggested, however it has not solved this issue.

I've tried deleting the InfoPath Client Event, Task Action Field and even the entire view - the same problem occurs when I recreate everything (with different names).

Guess my only other option is to create a new process and see what happens.

I am using Blackpoint, as far as i know there is no way to open the process in visual studio. What is the alternative solution for Blackpoint?

For BlackPoint you use K2 Studio, which work in the same way, right click in the canvas and click update design template. To step through the InfoPath integration click on the process tab in K2 Studio, there you will find the integration.

vernon 

I've experienced the same issue as azhavee. I refreshed the design template and redeployed and it still didn't work. The way I got around it was to create an exact copy of the view I was wanting to display and set the IP event view to the copy. Once I redeployed the form, it worked.

One thing to note, if you delete the old view that you copied, it will revert back to the default view. So you have to have both views in the IP template. Have not been able to figure any other workaround.

I created an identical view as you suggested, left the original and update the client event to use the new view, however this did not solve the problem - the task still opens the form to the default view.

But I suspect the problem may have started when I deleted a view. I just wouldn't have though it would matter if you also delete the client event.

I've had to do this on 3 different workflows and each time, this is the process that I was able to get it to work:

1. InfoPath template, create a new view, select all from the view that wasn't displaying, copy and paste to the new view.
  2. Save the template and close the IP form.
  3. K2 should say the form template has been updated.
  4. Change (don't delete) the IP Client event to use the new view, point the task action to the task action field on the new view.
  5. Click through the IP client event until finish.
  6. Redeploy the K2 process
  7. New view should now display

One question I do have, though, are you using form services with code-behind (requires administrative approval)?

Updating the design template did not work for me. I wil try the other solution

I also tried this approach without any success. I am using form services with code-behind and requires admin approval Do  I have to do something differently in this case?

Thanks

If you're publishing a form with code-behind, check out my blog on this: http://www.stevenboldt.com/blog/post/2009/09/15/How-to-publish-K2-BlackPoint-workflow-InfoPath-Form-Services-with-code-behind-to-SharePoint.aspx

Just make sure you've following the steps to publish, because if you don't, you will more then likely run into problems.

So, I resolved this issue and posted a blog about it. It is pertaining to the onload rules of the form not correctly being updated in the manifest.

Check out my blog post and feel free to ask any questions. http://www.stevenboldt.com/blog/post/2009/11/18/K2-Tips-Tricks-1-e28093-Displaying-the-correct-InfoPath-view-in-the-client-event.aspx